Sunday, December 22, 2019

Sydnie: When I was Brave

One time I was brave was when I was at Camp Lorraine and we went tubing. I don't think I was brave to go tubing. I think it was brave that I flipped off the raft! I flipped off 4 or 5 times. The only people who really wanted to flip were me and a kid from Petersburg named Tucker.  Aadyn flipped off once on a raft called the hotdog. The reason I think this was brave is because we almost got whiplash. I personally don't know what it looks like but Aadyn said it looks like we were doing cartwheels on the water. It sounds cool. What it felt like I was gliding on the water. Camp Lorraine was so much fun my favorite part was water sports. It was more than half of the campers favorite class.It also felt like I was getting ripped apart by the water. 
One time Annemarie was brave was when she brought the handkerchief to her uncle Henrik. This was brave because she was stopped by the soldiers and stood up to them on the dark path. It was very brave of Annemarie because she knew that this path would probably be dangerous, yet she did it anyway. Annemarie was only thinking of what Kirsti would do. Annemarie got the package to her uncle.  Her uncle told her she was very brave for doing that and now she needed to get back to mama and help her.
One way these acts are similar are because the thing we did was dangerous yet we did it anyway. In my case I could’ve gotten whiplash and that could've knocked the wind out of me and I would’ve drowned and died. In Annemarie's case the soldiers could have executed her.  Her uncle could have never gotten the handkerchief and he probably would have died too. Ways that these things are different are I had a choice to do something and it was not life or death. Annemarie had a choice but her uncle or the Jews all could have died. My choice was to do something fun or not. Annemarie’s choice was not for fun or games.Something that I learned is that if you are not brave you might miss out on something fun or exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment