Monday, December 23, 2019

Addy: A Time I was Brave

I was brave to keep on going during a swim meet in Petersburg even though I was tired, cold, and was in the last place. I beat my time by 41 seconds and got to go in the warm pool. It was a little kid pool so who knows what made it warm. I learned that even though there are downsides there are still upsides. I, in my opinion, got a good upside to my downside. I think that if I didn’t keep on going I wouldn’t have gotten this far. I think being brave doesn't have to be at all as chalked up as people make it seem.
I think Annemarie was brave when she took the package to Uncle Henrik. She was brave because the Nazis came and opened the package, broke the bread, and insulted her Mom. She was brave when she cried in front of the soldiers because they could of done what they did to kids in Germany and killed her!!!!!!! She cried out  “Don’t that´s my Uncle Henrik´s bread! My mother baked it” I think Annemarie was brave to have just not screamed her heart out because I sure would of.
Annemarie and I are similar in bravery because we both were persistent and had to do something we didn’t exactly want to do. She learned that no matter what you can do something. I learned “Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming” which is a quote from Dory.

No comments:

Post a Comment