Sunday, December 22, 2019

Madelyn: Jumping off a Bridge

A time I was brave was just this summer! I was staying with Ms. Jenna Turner in Petersburg. My mom was at a teaching conference. It was sunny out so we went to Blind Slew in Petersburg  We went with my friend Tory. She was a few years older than me. We kayaked and paddle boarded. At Blind Slew, there is a bridge. It is about 15-20 feet high! Tory had said something about jumping off the bridge. Finally, I agreed to, but Tory had to as well. When we got up there, about five to six girls were jumping already. I felt like I was 100 feet high! It was really scary, but I had made a promise to Tory. I finally did it! I jumped! I jumped backward though because it helped with not being scared. I closed my eyes the whole way down because I was so scared! In the end, I ended up doing it one more time.
Annemarie was brave when she brought the cocaine/rabbits blood handkerchief to Uncle Henrik. Annemarie was also very brave when she got stopped by the soldiers, lied, and doesn't even get caught! She even saves six people's lives in the process. She saved: the Rosens’ lives and the three strangers' lives as well. If I was Annemarie I wouldn’t be that brave. 
Two ways Annemarie being brave is similar to me being brave are: one, we both were not sure about being brave and two, we were both by water. Two ways Annemarie’s experience was different from mine at being brave are: one, it was a different time period and two, I was with a friend when I was brave. I learned that to be brave you can’t know everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment