Sunday, December 22, 2019

Photosynthesis

You are a plant! Introduce yourself and describe what kind of plant you are and where you live.  Now tell us all about your special power, the ability to make your own food.



By: Jackson C
Hi, my name is Mombo. I am a piece of red moss. I live on the Rainbow Falls high trail. I was told to tell you how photosynthesis worked. Here goes nothing. It had been dark for days. I had started to get jealous of Sammy the sundune and all his friends when the sun came out! If I could leap for joy I would have! Instantly, the process started. My chlorophyll’s started collecting up the sunlight energy. Then I soaked up some of the freshest carbon dioxide coming from these strange animals with strange clothes, and guess what, they walked on two legs. My roots started to soak up water straight from the Rainbow Falls. Then out of nowhere, I suddenly created glucose, which I stored in my leaves, stem, and seeds. In this process, I had absorbed the hydreigon in the h20, and all the 0, in h20 went right back out into the world. So, now that you know how plants photosynthesise, go out in the world and study some of us. Oh, and if you liked this writing, find me at the fork in the  Rainbow Falls High trail, one inch away from Sammy the sundune (who I still get jealous from time to time).

By: Jackson P
  I am a raspberry bush, I have a special power, I can make my own food, I live in Wrangell, AK it is cold out right now and I live in a backyard. Naw I will tell you how my powers work. First, sunlight provides me energy it hits my chloroplast. I also take in carbon dioxide from the air, my chlorophyll absorbs energy from sunlight. Which causes carbon dioxide and water to combine a mixture of making glucose. After I make glucose I release o2/oxygen into the air with my stomata. I store my energy from the sun in my leaves, stems, and roots, so this is how my special power works. Thanks for reading!


By: Sophia
Hello in a raspberry plant! I’m going to talk about me/photosynthesis. Also how I help others! As you know, many people can eat raspberries! I make my own food using energy from the sun.I make food for you and food for me! After making food my leaves release oxygen so you guys can breathe! I’m going to talk about my special power! My ability to make food/sugar! Like many other plants, I use the energy from the sun to make sugar. I basically take in carbon dioxide and let out oxygen. Let’s talk about interesting facts about me! One, I can be all types of colors. For example red, black, purple, and golden yellow! Two, there are some raspberries “golden/yellow raspberries” that are smaller than regular raspberries! Three, raw raspberries are 86 percent water! Lastly, I can be found all over the world! I am a very common fruit. I can be found in the U.S, Russia, Poland, and more! I hope you learned more about me/raspberries! Byeee! 


By: Natalia
Hello, I am a cactus. I live in a house in a pot. My owner waters me. Rain can not get to me in my small pot. How sunlight gets to me is, when the window is open I can get to the sunlight. I can take in all the carbon dioxide I want, because I live inside a house, although there are many other plants too. My favorite food is, glucose, made by the sun’s energy, water, and carbon dioxide. After I make my dinner. (glucose) I release oxygen for my humans through my stomata. My food is stored in my leaves, just like people’s pantries, but they can also be stored in my stem, seeds, and sometimes in roots. Hi! I am a White Bog-Orchid! I live in wet boggy areas. I get up to 11-130 centimeters tall. My roots are thick and fleshy. My flowers are white but sometimes green. They are sweet scented. My tuberlike roots can be eaten raw or cooked.


By: Hannah
I have a special power. Can you guess what it is? Photosynthesis!!! I have the ability to make my own food! I have a cycle to make my food and other things. I will tell you how it works. First, I get my energy from the sun to help me make my food. Did you know I provide clean oxygen for you weird people? You breathe out the carbon dioxide and that is what I like. My leaves take it in and then turn it into clean oxygen (from my stomata) for you to breathe again! Chlorophyll (that’s what makes me green) absorbs energy from the sunlight. I need this energy. I also need carbon dioxide and water to make my food. The food that I make is stored up in my leaves, stems, seeds, and - in some plants - their roots. My roots take in good water, which I need to use my special power. (Photosynthesis) That is all I have to say about my awesome power! Bye!!!!!



By: Hailey
Hi! I am a White Bog-Orchid! I live in wet boggy areas. I get up to 11-130 centimeters tall. My roots are thick and fleshy. My flowers are white but sometimes green. They are sweet scented. My tuberlike roots can be eaten raw or cooked.
I have a special power. Can you guess what it is? Photosynthesis!!! I have the ability to make my own food! I have a cycle to make my food and other things. I will tell you how it works. First, I get my energy from the sun to help me make my food. Did you know I provide clean oxygen for you weird people? You breathe out the carbon dioxide and that is what I like. My leaves take it in and then turn it into clean oxygen (from my stomata) for you to breathe again! Chlorophyll (that’s what makes me green) absorbs energy from the sunlight. I need this energy. I also need carbon dioxide and water to make my food. The food that I make is stored up in my leaves, stems, seeds, and - in some plants - their roots. My roots take in good water, which I need to use my special power. (Photosynthesis) That is all I have to say about my awesome power! Bye!!!!!    



By: Alana
I am Samantha the sunflower. My friends call me Sam. My friends are Sunny, and Sara. I live on the right side of the Evergreen Elementary, Wrangell, Alaska garden. I am 7.2 feet tall. I have 15 leaves. I want to tell you about a magical power that happens to me almost every time I see the sun. it is very interesting. Anyway, it happened on a really sunny day. I was enjoying the sunny day when I felt really weird. Then I felt hot. It was the sun. then I made food with the sunlight. I don't know why I hadn´t noticed this before. I guess I don't really pay attention to life. Then I felt something flow past my pedals and into the air. Then I saw a kid stop in front of me, take a big breath, and run again. I think it was oxygen. That means that I took in Carbon Dioxide. Then I ate the yummy sugar that I always make for myself. Before that, though I suck in water. Water is necessary for making my yummy food. I can't eat it until I have to. I store it either in my leaves, seeds, and in some plants, roots. I don't think I store my food in my roots. I have a magical, marvelous power. I hope I never lose this power.





No comments:

Post a Comment