Sunday, December 22, 2019

Jackson: New School

One time I was brave was when I went to a new school. I was scared, but I did it because I was brave. I had to join in the middle of third grade. I had a teacher named Mrs. Miller. Her class was nice. She was a good teacher. I had to do this thing called AM and AR. I didn’t like it. I was always behind, and they expected me to know things I didn’t learn in my other classes. 
Annemarie was brave when she went through the woods. She risked her life. She had to deliver a packet to the Rosens, so they could escape to Sweden. She had to bring a handkerchief covered with rabbits’ blood and cocaine, to numb the dogs’ noses, so they could not smell the Rosens. Fishermen would make secret compartments to hide the Jews.
We had some similar connections and differences. The connection was that we were both brave and we had to do something we were scared to do. The differences were that my situation was not life-threatening, and hers was. For my situation, it took place in 2017, and was in Alaska. For Annemarie, the time she was brave took place in 1943, and was in Denmark. What I learned from being brave is that even if it is hard, you can accomplish it, and not be afraid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment