Monday, December 23, 2019

Andrei: Brave Essay


One time I was brave:
I was in Juneau, at a swim meet in 2018.  I was with Nikolai and my friend Lucas Stearns.
When I walked up to the high dive, there was a queue of about eight to fifteen people in front of me. I waited my turn.
After waiting, I climbed up. I looked down (mistake) and I was a bit scared by how tall it was! I’m not scared of heights, I actually love getting a bird’s eye view, but if I tripped I would have fallen down (and probably broken many bones).
So I got up to the top, and I looked down. It was a 20 ft. drop to the water! So I bounced on it a little, contemplating getting down. Then. . . 
I jumped.

Number the Stars
Annemarie’s experience with being brave:
A time Annemarie was brave was when she helped Ellen hide from the Nazis. When the Nazis were in the apartment, she wasn’t thinking about trying to save herself. She wasn’t thinking of the dangers at all. She was thinking of others. She helped Ellen break the clasp on her Star of David necklace. That action alone saved Ellen’s life.
Another time was when Annemarie was taking the packet to Uncle Henrik. If he probably hadn’t gotten the handkerchief, Ellen, her parents, and all the other Jews in the boat would have probably died, and Uncle Henrik would have probably been executed as a Resistance member
The similarities between the stories are that (at least to me) my part was pretty scary, but there was no going back. It was the same with Annemarie, except that what she was doing was so much more important!
The differences are that the acts that Annemarie performed have saved multiple lives, and made those people much, much happier. I haven’t saved any lives, to my knowledge.
I learned that being brave was.... not thinking of the dangers, only what you have to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment